Timberline Building Systems specializes in earthwork and general site construction as a part of our parent company, TimberlineOne. We strive to provide our clients with a hassle-free experience while ensuring the final work meets or exceeds their expectations. This is accomplished through integrity and transparency while forging partnerships throughout the greater Colorado Springs area.
This position involves operating heavy equipment on a dirt or base crew, including, but not limited to: finish blades, graders, compaction rollers, loaders, skid steers, dozers, backhoes and water trucks.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Ensures a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment as outlined by OSHA and the Safety Manager.
- Operates a wide range of heavy construction equipment and Timberline vehicles.
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance on equipment, report defects and repairs to maintenance department.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, and objects.
- Operates other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as requirement.
- 1+ years of equipment operation experience
- Must be safety-oriented and exhibit safe work habits.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new skills.
- Perform well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver license is required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have some experience as a general laborer in the construction industry.
- Must pass post-offer background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record, and MVR.
- Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and tolerate being exposed to loud noise.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of material.
Wage & benefits
- Position Title: Equipment Operator
- Location: Colorado Springs Colorado
- Reports To: Project Manager
- Supervises: None
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1+ years of equipment operation experience
- Career Level: Seasonal, non-exempt
- Salary: $20-$28/hr.
- Job type: Full-time, Seasonal
- Hours: 45+ hours per week
- Benefits: Health insurance (after applicable waiting period per company policy)