Timberline Building Systems specializes in earthwork and general site construction as a part of our parent company, Timberline One. We strive to provide our clients with a hassle-free experience while ensuring the final work meets or exceeds their expectations. This is accomplished through integrity and transparency while forging partnerships throughout the greater Colorado Springs area.
Construction Laborers are responsible for labor support of the construction project, handling many of the physically demanding tasks on construction sites and following directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen. To do well in this role you should be physically fit, reliable, and be a hard worker. This is a seasonal position that runs from the beginning of May until the weather stalls work throughout the winter months.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preventative maintenance for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operator, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
- Pour and finish concrete.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Experience as a general laborer in the construction industry preferred.
- Must pass post-offer background check consisting of employment history, personal/professional references, criminal record.
- Must be highly adaptable to the kinds of change that comes along with working in an entrepreneurial environment.
Physical Demand & Work Environment
- Ability to lift to up to 50 lbs. (use of lifting equipment or 2-person lift over 50lbs.)
- Frequent bending, twisting, reaching, crawling, stretching and standing. This is a physically demanding role, involving, tools and equipment. May at times be highly physical work.
- Must have good physical fitness and agility. A sense of balance and head for heights.
- PPE is provided other than steel toed boots.
Wages & Benefits
- Position Title: Construction Laborer
- Location: Colorado Springs Colorado
- Reports To: Project Manager
- Supervises: None
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1+ years
- Career Level: Entry level, non-exempt
- Salary: $15.50-$18.50
- Job type: Full-time, Seasonal
- Hours: 45+ hours per week
- Benefits: Health insurance (after applicable waiting period per company policy